I prefer #2. If we started backporting new features to 7.1.x branche, the
branch would be something like another master that doesn't break
compatibility, which means it'll be unstable all the time.

I'd like to hear opinions from people who supports #1. What we need to
discuss might not be "which version" but "when", if the reason for #1 is
delivery speed. We don't have clear criteria for minor releases.

--
Masakazu