+1

Thanks Ming for all your explanations.

Selva
-----Original Message-----
From: Ming Liu [mailto:lium...@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, February 3, 2018 6:01 PM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.2.0 RC 2

Hi, Selva,

I verified on a fresh CentOS 6.9, and can successfully finish all instructions
and build and start Trafodion.
"initialize trafodion" also works fine in my environment.

As for the web page 'issues', here is my comment:
There is a separate page to tell the user how to set up testing env , including
the installation of hadoop, by using 'install_local_hadoop' script as well :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Test+Environment
So next time I will add this page in the VOTE message.

For the git command, the page is about how to get the code from git, and it is
generic, not good to mention for a specific tag. But I can add some example to
show that. And again, I feel it is good to add this in the VOTE message to tell
the voter after get the code, how to set the tag.
And I think it should be more officially to test the src tarball from SVN as
well. So I will add that in the VOTE message as well.

So , in sum:
CentOS 6.9 is fine
I will update the web page about how to switch to a specific tag/version of
trafodion I will update VOTE message, for voters to know which tag to use, and
it will be good to build from the src tarball as well.

Hope this solve your doubts. ^_^

Ming