From: Ming Liu [mailto:lium...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:59 PM
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.2.0 RC3

Hi to everyone in the Trafodion Community,

This is a call to vote on release 2.2.0 of Apache Trafodion .

This is a major release and includes over 300 fixes and some important
features. The highlights are all documented here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.2
They include :

* Trafodion graduates as top level Apache project
* DTM enhancements by porting EsgynDB DTM changes to Trafodion
* jdbcT4 for publish to maven central
* Trafodion Elasticity enhancements
* LOB support in JDBC
* RMS enhancements
* Bug fixes

JIRA Release Notes :
Trafodion 2.2 JIRA Release Notes
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&version=12338559>
Highlights :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Release+2.2

GIT info:
The tag for this candidate is "2.2.0rc3". Git repository: git://
git.apache.org/trafodion.git

Release artifacts :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafodion/trafodion-2.2.0-RC3/
Artifacts are signed with my key : E1502B16 which is in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/trafodion/KEYS

Instructions :

Installing Trafodion using convenience binaries using the Python installer or
install with Ambari :
http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html

Setting up build environment and building from source :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Build+Environment
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Build+Source

If you don't have a hadoop, you can refer to this page for how to install a
local hadoop environment
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Create+Test+Environment

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Vote will be open until the community has had a chance to try out the
instructions and we get sufficient feedback ( at least 72 hours), unless
canceled.

Thanks,
Ming