Hi, Dave and Selva,

Thank you for your answers.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
发送时间: 2018年4月10日 23:52
收件人: dev@trafodion.apache.org
主题: RE: issues on error message

Hi,

Yes! Glad you asked.

The error message numbers are organized by what part of the software raises
them.

Messages 1000 - 1999 are raised by the DDL code (core/sql/sqlcomp/* modules) --
use the enum in sqlcomp/CmpDDLCatErrorCodes.h
Messages 2000 - 2999 are raised by the mainline code of the SQL compiler
process (core/sql/arkcmp/* modules + the core/sql/sqlcomp/* modules that aren't
DDL modules)
Messages 3000 - 3999 are raised by the parser code (core/sql/parser/*)
Messages 4000 - 4999 are raised by the binder code (core/sql/optimizer/Bind*)
Messages 5000 - 5999 are raised by the normalizer code
(core/sql/optimizer/Norm*)
Messages 6000 - 6999 are raised by the optimizer code (core/sql/optimizer/
<everything else> ) -- use the enum in optimizer/opt_error.h
Messages 7000 - 7999 are raised by the generator code (core/sql/generator/*)
Messages 8000 - 8999 are raised by the executor code (core/sql/executor/* and
core/sql/exp/*) -- use the enum in exp/ExpErrorEnums.h
Messages 9200 - 9299 are raised by the update statistics code
(core/sql/ustat/*) -- use the enum in ustat/hs_const.h
Messages 10000 - 10049 are raised by the run-time sort code (core/sql/sort/*)
-- use the enum in sort/SortError.h
Messages 11100 - 11399 are raised by the UDR server and language manager code
(core/sql/udrserv/*) -- use the num in udrserv/udrdefs.h

As you can see, not all of the error message ranges have corresponding enum
files; we did not have a unified convention for this when we originally wrote
the code unfortunately.

When you add an error message, be sure to also add a description to the SQL
Messages Guide. See http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/messages_guide/index.html
for the latest version. The source for it can be found in
$TRAF_HOME/../../docs/messages_guide/src/asciidoc/_chapters.

Dave