From: Bin Lin [mailto:linbi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 8:05 AM
To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC configuration

Hi there,

I install the JDBC by following the instruction
http://trafodion.apache.org/docs/client_install/index.html#_jdbc_based_clients.
When I tried to build and run the StatementSample test program to verify JDBC
Type-4 driver installation, the program was built without errors. But there was
a runtime exception. The outputs of the building and running commands are as
follows.

$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -classpath ../../lib/jdbcT4-2.1.0.jar *.java
../common/*.java
Note: ../common/sampleUtils.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -classpath ../../lib/jdbcT4.jar:..:.
-Dt4jdbc.properties=../t4jdbc.properties StatementSample
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.trafodion.jdbc.t4.T4Driver at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:359)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:347)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:312)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at
java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:195)
at common.sampleUtils.<clinit>(sampleUtils.java:72)
at StatementSample.main(StatementSample.java:41)
org.trafodion.jdbc.t4.T4Driver

I checked that the class files (sampleUtils.class and
StatementSample.class) exist there. Does anybody know what is going wrong here?
I am running Trafodion in Linux system.

Thank you.

Best,
Bin