Hello,

As you know I have been busily building some new apps with Turbine 4.0.1

I am using Ubuntu 17.10 with the default Tomcat install: tomcat8 8.5.21-1ubuntu1 and Java 1.8.0_162

After some period (>24 hours), when I go to login to the Turbine app, it just sits there and hangs. I am going to increase the log levels to debug, but I don't see any immediate errors popping up. It just hangs on trying to process the user login action.  If I go into the Tomcat admin manager and stop/start the app, it works again and will process user logins.  I think this is a pretty critical issue.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this.  It has happened to me a few times.  At first, I thought there might be some issues with having old Turbine 2.3.x apps running in the same container (I was getting some odd behavior with mixed versions and logging - it was throwing all the logs from the new apps into the 2.3.x log folder).

I made a point to rename all my app log files with [appname]-turbine.log, [appname]-velocity.log etc, and at least then they were not colliding.

I have since gotten rid of all my Turbine 2.3.x based apps, and the logging issue has gone away (all apps log to their own log directories properly now).  But the stall out on user logins has reared its ugly head again.

I haven't put anything into real production yet, so I will give it a few days and see if the behavior is repeatable.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

--

Jeff Painter

CEO and Founder of JiveCast
Software and analytics, made together
http://jivecast.com

301 Fayetteville St. Unit 2301, Raleigh, NC 27601
(919) 533-9024