Arnulf Wiedemann wrote:
Hi Stephan,

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 10:00 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:

Arnulf Wiedemann wrote:

[...]

The section "Object Life Cycle" of
<http://udk.openoffice.org/common/man/spec/urp.html> has all the
details;

does that meen for the client side I have to do "garbage collection"
myself, I have only to worry about the server side (seen from the
client)?

Sorry, I do not understand that question.

my question was formulated wrong. I meant, that I have to look on the client side which objects of the server are active and which are already inactive (because the reference count went to 0).

Do you mean: If you send an object reference from client to server, you have to make sure at the client side that the object is alive at least until the server side has sent the correct number of release calls? Yes.

[...]
Arnulf