Hi Marco

My setup is as following:

I've a Zope server, with 4 threads, and the same number of oood
processes running. In order to avoid problems of connections which can
be closed or not, I'm using a dictionary to associate a zope thread
with a connection to oood, so that each thread always reuse the same
connection.

The problem is when oood restarts its connection because, at that

time, my connection is no longer valid.

i encountered the same problem
using Zope/CPS

the only way i found is managing the OOo instances myself and playing with the twisted framework

it works now great. i will probably release this framework under free licence before the end of the year

Inside zope I will use the getOODoc() to open a (file system) document
inside OOo. I would like to be able to try something on the
connection, so that I check if it is still open.

look at archives, these points have been discussed (june IIRC)

HTH

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com