Hi Mathias,

> What in "this would be a good opportunity to make this service a "new
> style one" makes you believe that I proposed this as the *solution* of
> the problem?

Perhaps the fact we talked about a *problem*? :)
Sorry, seems I didn't get you right then.

> I just asked for checking *if* a new service that should replace or
> complement an old one also could be a "new style" service.

In all cases which I encountered so far, it wasn't about a new service,
but about extending an old one with additional information, so I'm
unsure to which extent we talk past each other here.

> I don't see any "old style" service that can't be converted to a
> multiple inheritance interface.

Beforehand: I'm a strong friend of multiple inheritance (MI), and always
strive to use it where possible, when defining new API. Finally, it has
some cool advantages when using this API, though some disadvantages when
implementing it, but this is a one-time pain only.
(There are a few of our old-style services which I'd really *love* to
convert ...)

However, there are a few downsides ... or facets which make it easier
for an implementor to create downsides ... or special situations where
MI doesn't have any concrete advantage IMO ... but I don't really want
to open this Pandora's box now and here :), finally, the original topic
is another one which I'm more interested in right now.

Ciao
Frank

--
Frank Schönheit                         StarOffice/OpenOffice.org Base
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    +49 40 23 646 663 / +66663