Hi,

you can build ooo with --system-python switch, but the result will only run on this system. Some distros do so.

Main problems are
- incompatible gcc versions
- incompatible python switches (with or without --enable-shared or --with-ucs-4 ).

So this is no option for the official OOo built, which is aimed to run on any system.

Bye,

Joerg

Alexandro Colorado wrote:
yes ubuntu did a merge of the system python with the openoffice.org python. I would like to know if we can ask the ubuntu guys how they did it and maybe be able to have a pyuno.so without having to compile the whole python. This would be great because it would give us additional toolkits like Tkenter and get around the VCL and still use UNO services and components.