hi,Stephan,

Happy holiday season! And thank you very much for your reply!   :-)

Stephan Bergmann wrote;
>First and foremost (even though you probably will not like to hear
>that), I personally think the "Clear Separation of C and Cpp and Core
>Components" thing is nothing we should waste our time with.  (I know,
>Kay Ramme thinks differently, hence he put that on the todo list.)  Too
>much potential to break existing client code, with only very little
>(IMO) to gain.
Yes? I thought anything put on "to do list" is need to do. But I am not sure if
it is assigned to me or not. And I am confussed about I need to keep on doing
it or not. :(

>> 3.I don't understand what has done in the fuction "_defaultConstructUnion" :
>> ****************
>> inline void _defaultConstructUnion(
>>      void * pMem,
>>      typelib_TypeDescription * pTypeDescr )
>>      SAL_THROW( () )
>> {
>>      ::uno_type_constructData(
>>              (char *)pMem + ((typelib_UnionTypeDescription
>> *)pTypeDescr)->nValueOffset,
>>              ((typelib_UnionTypeDescription *)pTypeDescr)->pDefaultTypeRef );
>>      *(sal_Int64 *)pMem = ((typelib_UnionTypeDescription
>> *)pTypeDescr)->nDefaultDiscriminant;
>> }
>> *******************
>
>At some places in the UNO code, there is provision for a union (aka sum)
>data type construct, which obviously was planned for at the beginning of
>UNO, but never implemented completely nor removed completely.
I am sorry, I am not sure what you mean about "aka sum". Is it "also known as
sum"?  Why can't I find out "sum" key word in "cppu" module? Am I misunderstand?

>> 4.Can I just move out the code "class Enterable" in
>> cppu/inc/cppu/Enterable.hxx and put it into a file in
>> cppuhelper/inc/Enterable.hxx (new created in this folder), but keep the
>> other "extern "C" inline" stuff without moving?
>
>No.  At compile time, client code expects #include "cppu/Enterable.hxx"
>to define class cppu::Enterable.  We have a policy in place to not break
>(legal) client code, neither at compile time nor at runtime.
I am sorry. What does the "client code" refer to ? And as the "extern "C" "
stuffs are compiled with C compiler(I thought), then it should offer C APIs,
why is it dependent on C++ at runtime ? How to know the "policy" you refered
above, could you give me some reference or explain?  And do you know how to
make dependency against C++ is only at compile time to use the C++ compiler,
but nothing at runtime?

Awaiting for your earliest reply!
May you and your family have a bright Christmas!

Best regards,
Cynthia  ^_^
2007-12-10