Cynthia,

Cynthia Qu wrote:
> hi,Kay,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply, I got it then!
> I also wonder whether the project is going on or not. Why can't I see many
> discussions in this maillist? Don't the other guys have any questions? Or
> doesn't the UDK project have many things to do?  I also want to know what you
> are going to do on the project. And may I ask what you are doing now?

These are good questions!

It all depends where we are heading with Uno ... and OpenOffice.org.
Unfortunately there is not (yet) any global vision or anything (despite
the all too broad mission statement). OOo more or less is a bazaar,
where everybody (individuals, companies) scratches its own itch, only
contributing / changing what needs to be changed to solve her/his
particular problem.

A broader vision for Uno could be something as establishing it more
widely in the software world, FOSS as well as proprietary or commercial.
I certainly have some ideas etc. around this, and I also see a need for
this, especially in FOSS, where others are already trying to establish a
common object infrastructure to enable application inter-operation etc.
Unfortunately this is not what I get paid for ... :-(

Personally I currently spend most of my time investigating into
packaging (installation) issues we have and which we want to clean up. I
am going to send around a short proposal regarding my findings, after I
got an overview.

Later on I would like to resume my multi-threading re-factoring work ...
and if I find the time, would like to help improving the overall
architecture. From an overall project perspective, this seems to be most
important to strengthen our success and to stay competitive. My believe
is, that if we work just a little bit more focused, OOo could rule the
world :-)

> Awaiting for your reply! And thank you very much for your time!
You are always welcome!

> Best regards,
> Cynthia  ^_^
> 2007-12-12