Hello Josef,

Il lunedì 4 agosto 2008 17:23:50 Josef Dalcolmo ha scritto:
> Please bear with me - I am new to the OOo UDK and API.
> I am also not completely sure this is the right mailing list,
> perhaps because I am not sure what the problem is.

IMHO this is an API related problem.
Anyway, see my comments inline:

> I am trying to generate a hyperlink in Calc, using Python as
> scripting language. Setting the formula to "=HYPERLINK(<target>, <rep>)"
> only yields an absolute hyperlink, and is thereby useless for me.
>
> so I've tried (replace '....' with a tab or spaces):
[....]
> .......Link = Doc.createInstance('com.sun.star.text.TextField.URL')
> .......Link.URL = uno.systemPathToFileUrl(os.path.abspath('readme.txt'))
> .......Link.Representation = 'readme'
> .......Link.TargetFrame = ''
> .......Selection.Text.insertString(Selection.Text.Start, 'ABC', False)
> .......Selection.Text.insertTextContent(Selection.Text.End, Link, False)
>

> this works fine up to the last line, where OOo crashes. According to the
> Developers Guide, insertTextContent() is the method to attach a TextField.
>
> I am lost about what I am doing wrong here, and would appreciate any hint.

Sorry I can't explain what is the cause of the crash, anyway I can suggest a
workaround (in StarBasic) because in past I've developed something similar.

I've tested this code in OOo 2.4.0 (Linux) and it works:

oDoc = ThisComponent
oSelection = oDoc.CurrentSelection
If oSelection.supportsService("com.sun.star.sheet.SheetCell") Then
        oTextContent = oDoc.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.TextField.URL")
        oTextContent.Representation = "OpenOffice.org"
        oTextContent.URL = "http://www.openoffice.org/";
        oTextCursor = oSelection.createTextCursor()
        oSelection.insertTextContent(oTextCursor, oTextContent, True)
        oSelection.insertString(oSelection.Start, "ABC", False)
End If

HTH
Paolo M