Hi Daniel,

not being a Python user at all, I suggest to explicitly query ("queryInterface") for the "com.sun.star.presentation.XPresentation2" interface. This interface should than provide you a "getController" method ...

Regards

     Kay

Daniel Watkins wrote:
Hello all,

I'm currently trying to use the Python bindings to Uno to automate the
display and movement of Impress presentations.  I'm using the 64-bit deb
packages from 'http://download.openoffice.org/3.0beta/'.  I'm currently
doing:

  import os.path
  import uno
  localContext = uno.getComponentContext()
  resolver =
localContext.ServiceManager.createInstanceWithContext("com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver",
 localContext )
  ctx = resolver.resolve(
"uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;StarOffice.ComponentContext" )
  smgr = ctx.ServiceManager
  desktop = smgr.createInstanceWithContext( "com.sun.star.frame.Desktop",ctx)
  url = uno.systemPathToFileUrl(os.path.abspath("foo.ppt"))
  doc = desktop.loadComponentFromURL(url, "_blank", 0, () )
  p = doc.getPresentation()

At this point, p is (with some formatting applied to aid readability):
  pyuno object (com.sun.star.presentation.XPresentation)0xb4b238{
    implementationName=com.sun.star.comp.sd.SlideShow,
    supportedServices={com.sun.star.presentation.Presentation},
    supportedInterfaces={
      com.sun.star.presentation.XPresentation2,
      com.sun.star.lang.XServiceInfo,
      com.sun.star.lang.XTypeProvider,
      com.sun.star.uno.XWeak,
      com.sun.star.lang.XComponent
    }
  }

The presence in 'supportInterfaces' of
'com.sun.star.presentation.XPresentation2', suggests that 'p' should
have a 'getController' method.  However, 'p' only has the following
methods:
  p.addEventListener
  p.dispose
  p.getImplementationId
  p.getImplementationName
  p.getSupportedServiceNames
  p.getTypes
  p.queryAdapter
  p.queryInterface
  p.removeEventListener
  p.supportsService

Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on here?

Thanks,

Dan

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH           Kay Ramme
Sachsenfeld 4                   Senior Technical Architect