Andrea wrote:
Juergen Schmidt wrote:
Hi Andrea,

i would suggest that you use our NB plugin to create a new simple Calc
Add-in. Take a look into the generated code. We generate a xcu file
where the add-in function is defined also and where you can directly
manage localized strings for the function and parameter names as well as
for descriptions. And when you take a look at the generated skeleton you
will notice that code becomes much simpler ...

The IDL can be seen as an necessary implementation detail to invoke the
the function later on easily and independent of the used programming
language ...

I agree that there is still some redundancy but i think it's much
simpler as before. First of all when you use our plugin ;-) A further
advantage is that we can read the info about new add-in function without

Juergen

Sounds good.
But I must be a bit dense tonight.
Where is this NB plugin?
You get via the build in lpugin manager of NetBeans -> search for OpenOffice.org API plugin

Does it support C++?
no, the plugin supports Java only at the moment. C++ support is on our todo list but i don't know when we will have time to implment it.

Juergen

Andrea