Hi,

I am working on a plugin for interfacing JabRef and OpenOffice. This
involves inserting citation markers in a Writer text (representing a
bibliography citation), and formatting a reference list based on which
citations appear in the text.

In order to sort the reference list by order of appearance in the
document, I use XTextRangeCompare to sort the reference marks.
However, if some reference marks are placed in table cells or
footnotes, this doesn't work, since XTextRangeCompare only compares
text ranges within the same Text, and this apparently doesn't hold in
this case (a reference mark in a normal paragraph is not within the
same Text as a reference mark in a table cell or footnote).

Is there another way of ordering reference marks by position in the
text, or can I somehow access the position of a table / table cell or
footnote within the outer Text, so they can be compared?

Sincerely,
Morten Alver