Alexandro,

I'd love to see good Python support for OO, but those slides are very
brief and abstract and don't really explain the issues.

As I see it, there are two separate work items here:  using Python as a
programming or macro language for extensions that are loaded into the
main OO process, and having a decent client-side Python library that can
talk to the OO process via RPC.  Trying to treat these as a single thing
leads to much confusion.  Separately, either is pretty straightforward.
There also seems to be a great deal of misunderstanding about Python
versions.

Seems to me that you need to enroll a Python person to drive this
effort.  I'd suggest advertising on python-l...@python.org; explain the
issues, and the benefits, and figure out a way to support that Python
person with OO people knowledgable about the Byzantine and
poorly-documented structures of OO.  I still can't figure out how to
build OO from source, and frankly am scared away by offhand comments
like "then take your working Mozilla build" -- who wants to build
Mozilla?!

If this is still unfinished by January, you might want to think about
making this a Python.org-sponsored Google summer-of-code project.

Bill