signatures: OK
install binary distr, run document analyzer, examine results with doc viewer -
OK
build-from-source: OK
compare source-release with tag: OK
Install plugins into Eclipse Oxygen, run CDE, create type descriptor, run
JCasGen: OK
Run document analyzer from Eclipse after importing examples project from binary
distribution:  OK
Issues fixed: one issue wasn't closed when the release was cut ( 5629 - an
"Improvement" adding json jars to the uimaj examples project in the binary
distribution).  I don't think this is significant enough to block the release.
api-change-reports: OK
no changes to license / notices
spot-check repository incl license/notice: OK

[X] +1 OK to release

-Marshall Schor