On 6. Sep 2019, at 20:38, Marshall Schor <m...@schor.com> wrote:

> Mind that the ASF Jenkins is already set up to automatically monitor pull
> requests and to run automated checks on them. For security reasons, pull
> requests from non-commiters are not built automatically but must be triggered
> by
> a committer by posting a comment such as "Jenkins, can you test this please."
> the discussion thread of the pull request on the GitHub website.
>
> Is this set up for uimaFIT, and can anyone (@rec ?) point to any docs that
> describe this kind of integration specification?

I think this is the relevant Jenkins plugin:

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/GitHub+pull+request+builder+plugin

There is some documentation on that page, in particular what to enter into the
"refspec" (git -> repositories -> advanced) and "branches to build" (git ->
repositories) fields. I believe these two fields are the only important parts
we have to configure on the Jenkins side to make it work (rest has already been
done by INFRA and is only accessible to Jenkins admins).

In order to allow Jenkins to update the build status and post comments, GitHub
must be set up to trust the Apache Jenkins, but again, that is something INFRA
must do and I believe they do this without us having to ask for it.

--  Richard