[ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-491?page=comments#action_12448965 ] Vincent Massol commented on VELOCITY-491: -----------------------------------------
Hi Henning, I'm NOT using velocity-dep.jar. I'm only using the velocity-1.4.jar but its POM has a dependency on velocity-dep... I'll create another issue. Thanks -Vincent > Velocity-dep repackages the Jakarta ORO classes > ----------------------------------------------- > > Key: VELOCITY-491 > URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-491 > Project: Velocity > Issue Type: Bug > Components: Build > Affects Versions: 1.4 > Reporter: Vincent Massol > Priority: Blocker > > Velocity dep should not repackage any external dependencies. At least it > shouldn't do that while keeping the original package name as this leads to > clashes with other libraries. For example the project I'm working on includes > ORO 2.0.8 but as velocity-dep also includes ORO (but another version of it) > it leads to weird errors depending on how the classpath/classloaders are > used. > This project is using Maven2 to build. See > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-459 for the issue I've raised against > Maven2 (but it's really a Velocity issue). > Thanks > -Vincent -- This message is automatically generated by JIRA. - If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa - For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
