I've debated that myself a dozen times.  The main issue is that i've
not had cause to use that particular function myself.  I just added
the getMonth() and getDay() methods as logical fellows of the
getYear() method that i really wanted.

I could easily be swayed either direction, and either way, the
documentation definitely should be improved.

Anyone else have thoughts on this one?  I'm actually leaning back
toward the normal 1-based month and away from the j.u.Calendar's
0-based month right now.  While the DateTool is in the generic
package, it's primary use is probably in a view layer of an
application, where it is more natural to present the human month value
rather than the machine one.

On 12/11/06, Claude Brisson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Le lundi 11 décembre 2006 à 12:47 -0800, Nathan Bubna a écrit :
> so basically, there's plenty of capability in DateTool, but only
> limited "magic".  improvements are welcome!

Ah, one last thing (for now) about the DateTool that I forgot to
mention: are we sure we want to keep the jdk zero-based behaviour for
the month? If so we should recall that in the docs, rather twice than
once...

  Claude