On 1/29/07, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Nathan Bubna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Well, all other branches are also named "VEL_<something>_BRANCH" (yes,
I know that comes semi-automatically from CVS). I wanted to keep in
tune. I actually didn't think much about it.

>I believe the 1.6 was a typo.  He was just suggesting that

>velocity/engine/branches/Velocity_1.5_BRANCH

>might be simply renamed

>velocity/engine/branches/1.5

>so that "velocity" and "branch" aren't repeated in the path.  :)

Yes, it is redundant. Then again, I'm not a computer, I'm sort of a
human being. A little redundancy is good for my weak mind (quick: How
often do we state in the release that you need at least ant 1.6 now for
building Velocity? [1]).

good for the mind, rough on the fingers! :)  i really don't and didn't
care.  this is not the sort of branch that any of us should have to
work with often.  i was just clarifying things.

Please do *not* rename the branch. Its URL is referenced from the POM,
the docs etc. and renaming it would break all the links.

i don't think anyone was planning to at this point.

        Best regards
                Henning

[1] Eight times. Once in getting-started.html and getting-started.xml,
twice in build.html and build.xml and README. :-)