The non-working links on the dev-guide and user-guide page have already
been mentioned by at least one user. If one builds the release web site
from the source, then these will be very prominently visible. I will
doctor the links for the release, though. :-)

        Best regards
                Henning

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 08:40 -0800, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> Good catches.
>
> A missing doc page and bad link would have been immediately visible to
> the casual user, while you are pointing more subtle flaws.  Likely no
> one will actually notice the POM issue, especially if we follow with a
> 1.5.1 release.
>
> Looking forward to starting a discussion about future Road Map.  I
> made some edits on the Wiki a few weeks ago.
>
> WILL
>
> On 3/6/07, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "Nathan Bubna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > My vote is reluctantly +1, because the "I want to get it out" weights
> > more for me than the issues that I have found:

> > >They aren't wrong unless/until we do further dev on the branch, in
> > >which case, we should do a 1.5.x release.  So, it hardly matters.
> >
> > Yes, it does. If we do further development, then trying to rebuild the
> > site from the release package will give different results. Which
> > probably does not matter much, but it would matter to me.
> >
> > IMHO we will at least have an 1.5.1 to fix the issues listed below:

> > >Not too late to vote.  72 hours was the minimum voting period.  I'm
> > >managing this release, the vote is over when i send a result.
> >
> > Uhm. Don't tempt me. While I'm fed up with delaying and want to have
> > that bugger out, here is what I've found:
> >
> > a) The link problem with the maven site. I have a patch for the guides which
> >    will go into trunk shortly.
> >
> > b) The checksum thing. Fixed on the trunk
> >
> > c) The package build thing (restrict on 1.4). I've put a patch on the trunk
> >    which might need more discussion.
> >
> > d) The POM references to the branch, not the tag.
> >
> > Considering the fact that Will -1'ed the last release attempt for a
> > documentation issue, personally I'd weight at least d) much more than
> > that. However, I believe that we can release a 1.5.1 4-6 weeks after
> > 1.5 to amend that, so I will not block this vote.
> >
> > I would very much suggest that we target the next tuesday for the
> > official release announcement. This gives us and the mirrors a few
> > days to get our acts together.
> >
> > Lets push this out. Now!
> >
> >         Best regards
> >                 Henning
> >

> > --
> > Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] | J2EE, Linux,
> > |gls
> > 91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person
> > |eau
> > Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy
> > |rwc
> >
> > |m k
> > INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fürth, HRB 7350
> > |a s
> > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschäftsführer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n
> >
> >           "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] | J2EE, Linux,
|gls
> [...]
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n