mparas,

This is a how-to question, not a question about developing Velocity.

Please post questions like this to the Velocity users' mailing list,
instead of the developer list.

FWIW, you probably have deployed velocity.jar into some shared
ClassLoader rather than within your webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.

Thanks,
-chris