If I change in class org.apache.velocity.util.DeprecationAwareExtProperties

protected static Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger("deprecation");

protected static Logger logger =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(DeprecationAwareExtProperties.class);

It now logs correctly:

2019-03-15 08:53:10,076 WARN
org.apache.velocity.util.DeprecationAwareExtProperties
DeprecationAwareExtProperties:warnDeprecated - configuration key '
my.resource.loader.public.name' has been deprecated in favor of '
resource.loader.my.public.name'

##
Don't have a log entry for "deprecation".
log4j2.xml
<logger name="org.apache.velocity" level="WARN" additivity="false">
        <appender-ref ref="RollingFile" />
</logger>

Can this be updated so it works without any changes?

Cheers Greg