Besides what the rules say (which I don't really know):

An apache.org domain has an incredible effect on credibility and
trust. Apache is a really strong brand with developers, and especially
new projects like Weex can benefit from that.

(The project will be called "Apache Weex" anyway)

Apache Cordova owns the cordova.io domain and uses it as a redirect to
cordova.apache.org. That way we can still tell people to go to
"cordova.io", but on Google and in user's browser everything happens
on apache.cordova.org. We also have loads of subdomains like
blog.cordova.io issues.cordova.io, slack.cordova.io,
telemetry.cordova.io and so on as shortcuts which is very handy.

Using the domains you mentioned, weex.io could redirect to
weex.apache.org, docs.weex.io redirects to weex.apache.org/docs,
blog.weex.io to weex.apache.org/blog and so on. Then cn.weex.io could
redirect to weex-project.io for easier finding of the Chinese domain.

-J