On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 23:15:56 +0200
Matej Knopp <matej.kn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Main problem with Change is that it only can do undo. It can not do
> redo which is what we need when user clicks the "Forward" browser
> button. Plus wicket pages can change significantly between versions.
> Representing these differences as chain of Changes is extremely
> challenging if not impossible. Plus you still have to serialize model
> objects, etc, which can cause another headache and it completely
> ignores the rest of page state like simple class variables.

Okay, I understand this. I guess I'll have to tear a few pages out of
the book ;-)

How does the back button support work then - when an older version of
the page is loaded, the component state is restored as it was, since it
was all serialized. Is this all mostly for allowing stuff like
Link#onClick() to work on old page versions? How do you avoid running
into problems when you have, for example, LoadableDetachableModels and
you have changed your domain objects. Or you have changed something not
under control of the Page, some sort of application state. Would there
be no undo mechanism at all then? At least in principle I liked the
idea of simply handing Wicket a couple of undo operations. Is it
possible to be notified when an old page version is loaded? That way
one could in principle build a custom undo.

Carl-Eric

PS: I hope I wrote my questions clearly, it's a bit late here already...