> 2 - here I have an simple consideration: framework should respect my
> component design.

My view is different: we should respect the framework design. Don't fight
your tools, learn how to use them properly.

That said, I think that the model is the place where lazy instantiations
should occur. I mean, create your components with models that create their
'backend' on demand, like LoadableDetachableModel (without the 'detach'
stuff, maybe). Such model object should be pretty small in byte size, so it
shouldn't be a problem for memory consumption.

Well, I'm not an expert in Wicket's internals, so it's just a guess. :)