Well, there's the benefit of using the compiler API for for example
the typesafe model. I can imagine we'll be able to implement other
things as well using this API (must call super annotation?)

Martijn

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Jonas <barney...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was going to propose a vote in that direction... as JDK 1.5 has been
>> shelved...
>
> While it's true 1.5 has gone eol last october, I don't think there's
> too much stuff in 1.6
> Wicket would actually benefit from. Raising the minimum requirements without
> much benefit *could* scare off a lot of potential users.
>
> ...just to add my two cents on that topic :-)

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4