This time the problem was the confluence backups. I've cleaned those
up, but that is only one small part of the maintenance: confluence
contains spam like we've never seen and I don't want to be held
accountable for the pron links (or worse) that are hosted in our
confluence instance.

Martijn

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Johan Compagner <jcompag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> problem is that we need to roll those var logs better.
> With those latest maven fixes for this unique version number problems did
> fix most of the hd problems
> only var is now an issue because of those logs that are just appending and
> appending.
> that will not solve even if we just host the examples because that is the
> problem i think. (apache and or tomcat logs)
>
> So first if somebody could look once at those logs then i think many of
> those maintenance issues are gone
>
> i dont think that /repository/maven and so on is now a problem with
> diskspace.
>

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 17:31, Martijn Dashorst
> <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Currently we have a maintenance nightmare. Keeping up confluence,
>> jira, teamcity and the maven repo is cumbersome at best. We keep
>> running out of diskspace (/var has reached -300M disk free, yes minus
>> 300M).
>>
>> So I propose the following:
>>  - use Apache's build grid for Wicket code, Apache repository for
>> staging and snapshot releases: separating the Apache Wicket projects
>> from Wicket Stuff projects
>>  - no more custom, self hosted products a la confluence and jira (no
>> matter how much we like them)
>>  - use wicketstuff.org only for running examples and a build server
>> for wicket stuff projects
>>  - use sonatype's OSS repo hosting for our snapshots, release staging
>> and releases (no more wicketstuff.org/repository/maven)
>>
>> Most importantly:
>>  - vote on the future of the hosting of Wicket Stuff:
>>      [ ] stay with sf.net
>>      [ ] move to github
>>  - if we stay on sf.net: use the sf.net provided tools to manage the
>> project: issues, wiki and website
>>  - if we stay to move to github: use github's provided tools to manage
>> the project: issues, wiki and website
>>
>> Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4