As long as we're top-posting with radical ideas, I'll do the same:

We could adopt a linux-like model....

- We host one repo that has all the projects in it.
- You want to create a wicketstuff project, you fork it and create your own
directory in the source tree (either under ws-core or not - your choice).
- We pull from your repo automatically for that directory only.

Advantages:
- we don't have to add collaborators or manage pull requests for individual
subprojects
- a subproject can add people as they desire
- it can be automated

It's similar to linux where they have maintainers for certain subtrees (i.e.
USB modules), and linus' tree pulls from those trusted maintainers for those
subtrees.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com