Parallelizing code is great when your single machine is
never under very heavy load (all worker threads used).
Under very heavy load, the parallelization management code
simply adds additional overhead (my experience).
To shed, throttle, rollback, checkpoint&freeze or migrate
(transactional?) tasks as heavy load
conditions are approached on a machine is a system-level,
multi-machine, architectural issue that is not easily
inserted into an existing code base.

Richard