From: Martin Grigorov [mailto:mgrigo...@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:25 AM
To: dev@wicket.apache.org
Subject: JS performance optimization in AjaxRequestTarget

Hi,

Do you imagine a use case in which several <evaluate>s in
<ajax-response> should be executed separately (one after another) as
it is now ?
Each <evaluate> (and <priority-evaluate>) is executed in an eval() in
wicket-ajax.js. As we all know eval() is slow. As an optimization I
think we can merge all <evaluate>s in one (at server side) and eval
them all together. The only drawback I see is that error reporting
will be worse because the exception message will say "there is an
error in 'all JS in one <evaluate> here' "

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend