I'm -0 to add it as enabled by default IDetachListener.
There is no big demand for this. At least I haven't seen many
mails/tickets explaining problems with detaching recently.

Additionally since there is no exact contract for the number of calls
of Component#detach() per request cycle I'd like to avoid any code
that may make things slower. Currently Page#detach() is called at
least twice per request in 1.5.x

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend