That sounds fine.
Can you show me how the Conversations are broken though?
I think the propagation and auto features initially introduced by Igor make
sense, after I really understood what was going on.
In JSF they can only have auto converations and all propagation.  If you
google a little you find case after case where they hack around that
I added an @Conversational annotation to allow the globals to be overriden
to prevent that.  But if you can show that it doesn't work as I thought
then please show me.

As for Injection, again why is this bad?  Makes testing alot simpler.  If
you dont inject the CdiConfiguration you may have a hard time getting the
CDIWicketApplicationFactory to work.

Also in the configuration, all those switches are marked deprecated.  I
didn't want them either, but was maintaining a migration path to cdi-1.1

John