Thanks for the answer Martin,

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 04:27, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>

> On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:51 PM Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I just have noticed WebSocketBehavior::onClose/onError is not being
> > called in case of network connection is lost (Tested in Tomcat and
> > Jetty)
> >

> I.e. Tomcat/Jetty do not call javax.websocket.Session#close() at all ?

According to my tests yes :(
The scenario is:
1) Start simple application (tried Tomcat9 websockets examples, wicket
examples) on PC1
2) open application on PC2
3) turn off network interface of PC1
Result: after some delay browser got Websocket Error: Network Error
Nothing happens on server (PC1)

I can contact Tomcat community
The scenario looks to be very basic, so I'll do some more tests

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax