I think we can proceed releasing also 8.8.0 version. This is the current changelog:

   bug

 * [WICKET-6746 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6746>] -
   HttpsMapper cannot deal with resources over websockets
 * [WICKET-6752 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6752>] -
   Some dependencies contain CVEs
 * [WICKET-6753 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6753>] -
   res/modal.js using aria-labelledby where it should be using aria-label
 * [WICKET-6754 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6754>] -
   Iteration stops with nested containers
 * [WICKET-6755 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6755>] -
   MockServletContext does not decode real path
 * [WICKET-6756 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6756>] -
   Avoid URL.getFile() when actually expecting paths.
 * [WICKET-6757 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6757>] -
   Avoid URL.getFile during mime type detection.
 * [WICKET-6758 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6758>] -
   NPE in AbstractWebSocketProcessor after session times out

   Improvement

 * [WICKET-6759 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6759>] -
   Support disabling error notification for websockets
 * [WICKET-6760 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6760>] -
   Nested Form placeholder should preserve tag name
 * [WICKET-6761 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6761>] -
   Support multiple connections to the same websocket resource from a
   single session
 * [WICKET-6762 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6762>] -
   Support manual initialization of websocket connections