Guten Tag Sven Meier,
am Sonntag, 24. Mai 2020 um 23:18 schrieben Sie:

> ComponentRender#destroy() destroys the application, there's not much
> more to it.

That's the important part, because otherwise one gets a memory leak
when having multiple applications, because they are stored in
"Application.applicationKeyToApplication".

> So auto-closing i.e. destroying the renderer after each render might
> lead people into the wrong direction.

Then the following sentence in the docs should make more clear that if
to call "destroy" or not depends on the lifecycle of the app, not the
renderer:

> Note: For performance reasons instances can and should be reused, be
> sure to call {@link #destroy()} when they are no longer needed.

This reads like it depends on the instances of the renderer to me, but
then one couldn't reuse apps at all, because they are always destroyed.

How do I destroy an application without "ComponentRenderer#destroy",
when the app really should be reused by multiple renderers?

I only see "Application.internalDestroy", which explicitly warns me to
not use it. "ComponentRenderer.destroy" looked like the only official
way to cleanup to me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--