I really like the Sketch: ribbon as component tree
https://dashorst.github.io/wicket-site/ribbon-components/

but would add a Release lines component to it like seen on 
https://dashorst.github.io/wicket-site/ribbon/

I especially like to see a nice (hero) picture seen above the fold that somehow 
makes the content more "friendly" to me. 
The first 3 or 4 seems like a "technical overkill" at fist look IMHO. 
Especially the "overload" of information makes me to 
expect overly complex things at once.

I also like the coloring of green in combination with the hero image very much. 
(I even would build on that base and make it more into a bit lighter green, as 
thats psychological seen even more relaxing)

my .02 :)




----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> Von: "Martijn Dashorst" 
> An: "dev" <[email protected]>
> Gesendet: Sonntag, 4. Oktober 2026 23:59:24
> Betreff: Website ideas for Wicket 11 and next

> I have instructed my Agent to come up with better ideas than what we have
> done in april, and I think it came up with some very nice concepts.
> 
> You can see the home pages of the concepts here, including the current
> website, and previous versions of the Wicket website:
> 
> https://dashorst.github.io/wicket-site/
> 
> I don't think the grid system and drawing sheet examples are great (they
> also fail the ASF site guidelines). The ribbon with seasons and provenance
> ribbon are bad because the agent over fitted on the example of the
> departure board.
> 
> Of course these can still be modified, improved and such, but I think we
> have a solid set of choices to pick from.
> 
> Let me know what you think
> 
> Martijn

Reply via email to