De: carbon-dev-boun...@wso2.org [mailto:carbon-dev-boun...@wso2.org] En
nombre de Prabath Abeysekera
Enviado el: domingo, 15 de enero de 2012 8:28
Para: carbon-...@wso2.org
Asunto: Re: [Carbon-dev] XA Transactions

If we further dig into this issue, each datasource implementation would have
its own set of properties having different names to be populated when
establishing a connection. Therefore, it's obvious that we come across this
sort of issues while dealing with all those types. So we're planning to
improve the current implementation to enhance the support for several
different datasource types. Not only that, with the proposed enhancements to
Carbon datasource implementation, it is planned to provide the ability to
globally define XA datasources so that the user can re-use those datasources
in non-DSS related activities as well.
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Prabath Abeysekera <praba...@wso2.com>

This issue is something specific to PostgreSQL and actually occurs while
trying to populate bean properties of PGXADataSource instances during the
initialization of XA datasources. To further explain the context of the
issue, in dataservices core implementation we use java reflection to extract
out the setter methods of the PGXADataSource class to dynamically populate
properties, username, password and URL that are required to establish
datasource connections upon the given configurations. Although most of the
other XA datasource implementations such as Mysql, Oracle, H2, etc provide
setter methods to directly populate value of the property named
URL, PGXADataSource does not seem to provide that particular utility. As a
result of it, the process of initializing PostgreSQL related XA datasources
fails.

I'll look into this.

Regards,
Prabath