Does the BAM event sender implement and in-memory queueing model and async?

Paul

On 11 June 2012 11:40, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Regardless of the appender, such appenders that publish events could have
> an effect on performance.
>

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Amani <am...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually we are not using the Cassandra appender. Instead of that we are
>> using LogEventAppender which sends logs to BAM. Cassandra appender was
>> something we implemented earlier before we decided to send logs to BAM. We
>> will test LogEventAppender and send the result once we complete it. Right
>> now we are having issues publishing log events to BAM.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jun 11, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a major concern about this appender with regards to performance.
>> If it leads to major performance issues, we cannot use it. Amani, can you
>> do some tests which do logging with & without the Cassandra appender & send
>> the results?
>>
>> --
>> *Afkham Azeez*
>> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> Member; Apache Software Foundation; <http://www.apache.org/>
>> http://www.apache.org/
>> * <http://www.apache.org/>**
>> email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
>> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
>> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
>> *
>> linked-in: ** <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez>
>> http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
>> *
>> *
>> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*
>>

> --
> *Afkham Azeez*
> Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
> * <http://www.apache.org/>**
> email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
> *
> linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
> *
> *
> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, VP, Apache Synapse

UK: +44 207 096 0336
US: +1 646 595 7614

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
p...@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.