GroupBy analyzer followed by aggregate analyzer can be used to this
requirement. In the group by use time based grouping with required
granularity "DAY, MONTH, YEAR" etc.

         <groupBy>
            <time name='time' granularity='MONTH'/>
         </groupBy>

 See [1]. These kind of aggregations would become much easy with Hive based
analytics in the future.

Regards
Buddhika

[1] http://wso2.org/project/bam/2.0.0-alpha2/docs/analyzers.html#GroupBy