On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@wso2.com> wrote:

> While testing some other issue with the deployment synchronizer (DS), I
> found the following scenarios in which there can be svn conflicts.
>
> 1. Synchronizing meta files. Consider the following sequence in a 2 node
> Carbon cluster..
>
> * foo.aar deployed in node 1
> * DS syncs it to node 2
> * foo.aar gets deployed in node 1 and foo.meta is created in node 1
> * foo.aar gets deployed in node 2 and foo.meta is created in node 2
> * DS tries to sync foo.meta in node 1 to node 2
> * Conflict because foo.meta is already there in node 2
>
> 2. Deploying webapps. Now we've enabled exploded mode by default. So if a
> foo.war is in webapps directory, foo directory will be created inside the
> webapps directory.
>
> * foo.war is deployed in node 1
> * DS syncs it to node 2 before extraction
> * both node 1 and node 2 deploys foo.war and creates foo directories under
> webapps
> * DS tries to sync foo directory from node 1 to node 2
> * Conflict because the foo directory is already there in node 2
>
> I think we have to heavily test these scenarios and fix all these issues
> before we release. Charitha, have we tested DS on trunk? If not, shall we
> create a plan?

We have tested various scenarios related to this DepSync and reported 20+
issues too (See [1] ). Not sure we came across the above as well but I'm
sure we came across various issues related to SVN conflicts such as
https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-13070

 [1]
https://wso2.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CARBON+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+component+%3D+%22Deployment+Synchronizer%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Anyway, lets review the scenarios and plan for any missing cases.