Hi Senaka,

Given below is all we have as a reference to plan/execute tests on Xpath
query feature in G-reg. (Taken from:
https://docs.google.com/a/wso2.com/document/d/1XdEHku1zdYz2_4oYIBg_YZ0bGIZgk0SGgoyHxAedng4/edit
)

==========================================================================================================================================
*Can pass Xapth expressions to executeQuery method (i.e can search for
services /policies from xpath expressions)
i.e
//<HUMAN_READABLE_NAME>
//<HUMAN_READABLE_NAME>[<SEARCH CRITERIA>]
//<HUMAN_READABLE_NAME>/<ASSOCIATION_NAME OR CHILD RESOURCE OR COLLECTION
NAME>
//<HUMAN_READABLE_NAME>[<SEARCH CRITERIA>]/<ASSOCIATION_NAME OR CHILD
RESOURCE OR COLLECTION NAME>
//<HUMAN_READABLE_NAME>[<SEARCH CRITERIA>]/<ASSOCIATION_NAME OR CHILD
RESOURCE OR COLLECTION NAME>[<SEARCH CRITERIA>]
//<HUMAN_READABLE_NAME>[<SEARCH CRITERIA>]/<ASSOCIATION_NAME OR CHILD
RESOURCE OR COLLECTION NAME>[<SEARCH CRITERIA>]/<ASSOCIATION_NAME OR CHILD
RESOURCE OR COLLECTION NAME>[<SEARCH CRITERIA>]
/<RESOURCE_OR_COLLECTION_NAME_UNDER_ROOT>/...
//<ANY_RESOURCE_OR_COLLECTION_NAME>/...*

=================================================================================================================================================

Can anyone get any idea by looking at the above? We had to spend time
unnecessarily to go through code to figure out what you actually meant by
above key words.

We did the following test first.

1. "Assuming" the above *HUMAN_READABLE_NAME refers to *human readable
media types*, defined a new human readable media type in mime.mappings file
e.g:-
application/vnd.wso2-service+xml    web

2. Ran the following test

   public void testXpathQuery() throws RegistryException {

        Map parameters = new HashMap();
        parameters.put("query", "//web");
        parameters.put("mediaType", "application/vnd.wso2.xpath.query");

        Resource result = registry.executeQuery(null, parameters);
        System.out.println(result.getId());

        String[] paths = (String[]) result.getContent();
        for (String path : paths) {
            System.out.println("path is " + path);
        }
    }
*
This returned all services.
e.g:-
/_system/governance/trunk/services/org/wso2/carbon/service/Axis2Service

We are stuck after this test. How should we proceed with SEARCH CRITERIA
and other options? We tried a lot of Xpath combinations but still unable to
figure out and not sure what we are observing is the expected behavior.

We cannot test anything based on assumptions. I'm sorry, but hours of our
time would have been saved if you gave at least a simple example at first
place. I do not think anybody can get any idea by looking at what you have
given above. We are badly running out of time and we need to move into the
other product testing soon. We do not have time to play around any trial'n
error scenarios.

Please send us an example ASAP.

Thanks!
Charitha