Hi All,

I have cover up the test on MB compatibility on JMS Message Types with
queue and Topic scenarios.According to that observed MB can support the all
JMS message types but with empty payload message observed
https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-262 issue.
Further found https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-271 issue while trying to
browse the queue with ObectMessages.

According to the JMS API following Message header properties should be
settable at message level,

JMSCorrelationID
JMSCorrelationIDAsBytes
JMSDeliveryMode
JMSDestination
JMSExpiration
JMSMessageID
JMSPriority
JMSRedelivered
JMSReplyTo
JMSTimestamp
JMSType

But when we set the following properties at message level,It seems MB
overwrites the property values
JMSDeliveryMode      https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-264
JMSExpiration            https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-267
JMSMessageID          https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-273
JMSPriority                MB currently not providing message priority
feature,so we can skip this for now
JMSRedelivered         https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-268
JMSTimestamp          https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-274

Further observed when we set the following properties at the
MessageProducer level, they won't get overwrites by the MB and delivered as
set.

JMSDeliveryMode
queueSender.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT);
JMSPriority                  queueSender.setPriority(1);
JMSExpiration              queueSender.setTimeToLive(900000000);

So are we intentionally overwriting these properties at MB level or are we
yet to implement these features?
Can we update the documentation on these, so users can understand what we
support exactly and what are the possible workarounds? (
https://wso2.org/jira/browse/MB-272)

--
Asanka Vithanage
Senior Software Engineer -QA