Hi,

Class Mediators created from Dev Studio can be deployed into ESB using a
CAR.
But current implementation of this feature has lot of known issues. So we
are in the process of implementing this using a different approach.

All artifact types starting from "lib/", get installed as an osgi bundle by
the carbon.application.deployer which is placed in the kernel.
For the new implementation we need to stop this for artifact type
"lib/synapse/mediator" since deployment is handled at the synapse level.

We cannot change the artifact type of Mediators to a different one because
it will cause configuration migration issues (previously created CARs will
not work).

The only option I see is to skip the above osgi bundle installation for
"lib/synapse/mediator" type at the kernel.
That will introduce a check for this particular artifact type at the
kernel. So this is not a elegant solution.
However we already have a logic specific to "service/dataservice" artifact
type at the kernel capp deployer.

Do we have any other option ?

Thank you.

--