Hi Dinusha,
What I recommend is to build the AppManager with the skeleton of ES
product. As for the jaggeryapps like store and publisher have a separate
git repository (for each app). @Ruchira we'll have to make store, publisher
separate git repos so that everyone can add them as remotes to their store,
publisher repository (This merging technique is called subtree[1]). We have
followed a similar method in our EMM product but we haven't added the
remotes to store or publisher because they are not yet separate repos.

Cheers~

[1] - http://git-scm.com/book/ch6-7.html

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Udara Rathnayake <uda...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Dinusha,
>
> Are you going to contribute those changes/improvements back to ES or do
> only application specific customizations?
>
> Regards,
> UdaraR
>

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Dinusha Senanayaka <dinu...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Currently we need to customize enterprise-store store/publisher and use
>> in App-Manager and API-Manager products. What we have done is, created a
>> new git repository called app-manager [1]. Then make a clone of
>> enterprise-store repo locally and changed its head to point to repository
>> that we created and pulled data there. So our team is working on new repo.
>>
>> But the issue is how we are going to take the updates done by the
>> enterprise-store side. It will be a manual process to take the updates from
>> original repo (enterprise-store) and merge changes in a way that does not
>> override over changes. As an example, we have removed all the sample asset
>> types that comes with enterprise-store and done customizations in
>> publisher/store to use our new asset.
>>
>> Any thoughts on this ?
>>
>> [1]. https://github.com/wso2/app-manager
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dinusha.
>>
>> --
>> Dinusha Dilrukshi
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> WSO2 Inc.: http://wso2.com/
>> Mobile: +94725255071
>> Blog: http://dinushasblog.blogspot.com/

> *Udara Rathnayake*
> Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc. : http://wso2.com
>
> Mobile : +94 772207239
> Twitter : http://twitter.com/udarakr
> Blog    : http://udarakr.blogspot.com

Chan (Dulitha Wijewantha)
Software Engineer - Mobile Development
WSO2Mobile
Lean.Enterprise.Mobileware
 * ~Email       duli...@wso2.com <duli...@wso2mobile.com>*
*  ~Mobile     +94712112165*

*  ~Website   dulithawijewantha.com <http://dulithawijewantha.com/>*

*  ~Blog         blog.dulithawijewantha.com
<http://dulichan.github.io/chan/>*
*  ~Twitter     @dulitharw <https://twitter.com/dulitharw>*