On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Ajith,
>
> We're developing a forum for the API Store using the registry as the
> storage medium. Each topic/reply is stored in the registry as an artifact.
> Topics/Replies have a rich text editor which supports code blocks, etc.
> This text-area has been mapped to a text-area field in the rxt. So limiting
> the characters to < 1000 is not very feasible in this scenario.
>
> Are you saying that increasing the column size of REG_VALUE is not a good
> idea?.

 Changing the default script to support this case is not a good option,
because all the other scenarios  works fine with default length.
 AFAIK, if we increase the length of REG_VALUE , that can be affect to
 increase the db space as well  ?.

Can't we store in multiple (unbounded)  text-area ?

Thanks.
Ajith

> Thanks,
> NuwanD.
>

> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Ajith Vitharana <aji...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nuwan,
>>
>> We store the each filed as properties of the artifacts, that is the data
>> model used. Anyway, having the 1000 characters for the given field is a
>> special case.
>> So, it is not better to increase the default schema to handle this use
>> case.
>>
>> Can't we limit the characters length for that  text-area ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Ajith.
>>

>> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have an rxt on which I am using a text-area field. However I get the
>>> following error if I am to put more that 1000 characters in the field.
>>>
>>> org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Value too long for column "REG_VALUE
>>> class=\""votecell\""><div class=\""vote\"">\n    <span

--
Ajith Vitharana.
WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.org