Hi Ishara,

Developer Studio does not allow you to put In/Out mediators inside any
arbitrary Sequence or any Proxy service. But if you create the main
sequence using DevS, it will contain In/Out mediators because we definitely
need In/Out mediators inside the main sequence.

This limitation was introduced because it is almost impossible to represent
the meaning of In/Out mediators inside a Sequence graphically. In/Out
mediators represent in path and out path and we may need to divide sequence
diagram into two parts to represent this forward and reverse message flow
if we allow In/Out mediators. After discussing with ESB team, we decided
not to support In/Out mediators for sequences except main sequence since
users have alternatives to accomplish this.
But I understand that there is a limitation in DevS according to the ESB
config specification.

You can use service chaining for your use case instead of In/Out mediators.

Thanks,
Viraj.

--
Viraj Rajaguru