Hi Pandula,

As per the BAM team secondary index should index the already existing data
as well. When we create a secondary index on a cassandra column family,It
should start the indexing process immediately so there shouldn't be a
requirement to publish data again.

I agree with your concern about load handling but as per Cassandra doc [1],
It won't be a problem.But we have to do a test run to make sure.

[1]http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/ddl/indexes